The Bahamas Forex License
Located a mere 80 kilometers southeast of Florida, The Bahamas has historically been a hub for U.S. and European asset managers. The stable, democratic island-nation hosts a cadre of the world’s largest financial services firms. An estimated $800 billion is managed through The Bahamas and assets under management continue to grow as financial professionals find solace in the country’s flexible regulatory scheme.
The Bahamas continues to be an attractive offshore jurisdiction today as it shed its previously well-earned reputation as a tax haven. However, The Bahamas nevertheless offers zero income tax and no tax on capital gains. Voluminous banking options combined with membership in the British Commonwealth makes The Bahamas an attractive locale for obtaining financial service licenses that give the holder near-global access.
The Bahamas is an ideal location for promoters of Forex businesses. The Bahamas offers registration under its Securities Industry Act which covers all related forex activity, including both acting as an introducing broker and direct broker. The licensure is recognized world-wide and many top forex brokers are licensed in the Bahamas. In addition, the process of obtaining a license is both cost effective and can be accomplished in a relatively short period of time.
Advantages of a Bahamas Forex License
Aggregate daily trading volume in the forex markets exceeds $4 trillion. The streamlined and cost-effective process in obtaining a Bahamas Forex license can place you in this lucrative market in as little as three months. With increased volatility in the global currency markets, spreads have increased – and with that so have forex brokers’ profitable to the tune of over $1 billion annually. As such, smaller forex brokers are capturing tremendous returns owning just a small piece of this lucrative market.
Bahamas Forex License at a Glance
|License||Securities Industry Act Registration|
|Time to License||3 to 4 Months|
|Tax Structure||No income or capital gains tax|
The Bahamas Forex License Package
- Establish international business corporation.
- Preparation and drafting of shareholder and officer agreements.
- Preparation and drafting of narrative business plan.
- Preparation and drafting of current financial statements.
- Preparation and drafting of 3 years financial projections.
- Preparation and drafting of personal financial statements for owners.
- Preparation and submission of application with appropriate regulatory authority
- Preparation and drafting of responses to regulatory authority
- Identification and engagement of auditor and forex prime broker.
- Facilitate opening of bank accounts and payment processors.
- Preparation and drafting of AML/KYC policies and procedures.
- Preparation and drafting of client agreements and disclosures
Contact the Bahamas Forex License Experts
Trust our over fifty year’s combined experience in creating innovative solutions for our clients. Contact the forex licensing experts at FinLaw to begin the process of obtaining your Bahamas Forex License today. Our knowledgeable and skilled professionals are pleased to answer any of your questions.