Cyprus Investment Fund Registration
The Republic of Cyprus is a stable democracy and member of the European Union and British Commonwealth. Since the its entry into the European Union, Cyprus has dedicated considerable resources towards building a robust financial services sector. As a result, the relatively small nation is widely recognized by the offshore financial services community as a favorable jurisdiction.
Today, Cyprus is home to over 500 licensed financial institutions and thousands of offshore companies. The nation offers a competitive tax rate of 12.5% – one of the lowest rates found in the European Union. Moreover, as a European Union member, all Cyprus financial services licenses give the holder access to each member state as well as members of the Commonwealth.
Cyprus is an ideal location for promoters of asset management businesses. Cyprus offers an investment fund registration framework which covers all related securities and commodities investment strategies, including hedge funds. The Cyprus investment fund registration is recognized world-wide as many of Europe’s largest hedge funds are registered in the nation due to its flexible framework and modern financial infrastructure.
Advantages of a Cyprus Investment Fund Registration
Since the advent of hedge funds in the 1970’s, asset managers have flocked to tax-advantaged jurisdictions to shelter their above-market gains from punitive tax rates in traditional jurisdictions such as the United States and United Kingdom. That trend has continued through today as sophisticated investors have come to expect often complex, private tax-neutral structures for their investments. As such, the Cayman Islands is a preferred jurisdiction for a registered investment fund.
Cayman Islands Fund Registration
|Time to License
|3 to 4 Months
|12.5% on offshore profits
The Cyprus Hedge Fund Registration Package
- Incorporation of Cyprus offshore corporation
- Arrange for local registered officer and local directors
- Investor offering prospectus and subscription agreements
- Draft corporate bylaws, minutes and owner share issuances
- Establishment of corporate bank account suitable for forex operations
- Establishment of merchant service account for accepting credit and debit cards
- Draft requisite business plan, financial statements and financial projections
- Draft requisite Anti-Money Laundering & Know-Your-Customer policies
- Prepare and process application for registration Cyprus Investment Fund
- Representation before licensing regulatory authority, banks and liquidity providers
Contact the Cyprus Investment Fund Registration
Trust our over fifty year’s combined experience in creating innovative solutions for our clients. Contact the hedge fund registration experts at FinLaw to begin the process of obtaining your Cyprus hedge fund registration today. Our knowledgeable and skilled professionals are pleased to answer any of your questions.