British Virgin Islands Investment Fund License
The British Virgin Islands is home to over 600,000 offshore entities, making it the largest offshore destination in the world. Among these entities are some of the world’s largest and most renowned hedge funds. Since 1984, this stable, British Territory has been a fixture on the global stage as one of the preeminent offshore financial services jurisdictions. A British Virgin Islands Investment Fund License is an excellent entry point to this lucrative market.
Relying on the United States dollar as its prevailing currency, the British Virgin Islands continues to be attractive not only to asset managers, but also to investors seeking favorable tax treatment and privacy. Corporate income tax has been abolished in the BVI and replaced with a withholding tax applicable only to entities earning domestic income. Moreover, the nation’s Financial Services Commission has remained committed to streamlining corporate and financial services compliance, all at a relatively low cost.
The British Virgin Islands is an ideal jurisdiction for the formation and registration of an investment or hedge fund. The BVI offers a multi-tiered fund registration structure ideal for investment vehicles of any sizes, including the BVI “Incubator Fund” for startup hedge funds. As a result, a significant portion of the world’s hedge funds hold a British Virgin Islands Investment Fund License.
Advantages of a British Virgin Islands
Since the advent of hedge funds in the 1970’s, asset managers have flocked to tax-advantaged jurisdictions to shelter their above-market gains from punitive tax rates in traditional jurisdictions such as the United States and United Kingdom. That trend has continued through today as sophisticated investors have come to expect often complex, private tax-neutral structures for their investments. As such, the British Virgin Islands Investment Fund License is well respected around the globe.
BVI Fund Registration
|License||Incubator or Professional Fund|
|Time to License||1 Month|
|Paid-In Capital Requirement||Zero|
|Tax Structure||No income or capital gains tax|
The British Virgin Islands Hedge Fund Registration
- Incorporation of BVI offshore corporation
- Arrange for local registered officer and local directors, if required
- Investor offering prospectus and subscription agreements
- Draft corporate bylaws, minutes and owner share issuances
- Establishment of corporate bank account suitable for forex operations
- Establishment of merchant service account for accepting credit and debit cards
- Draft requisite business plan, financial statements and financial projections
- Draft requisite Anti-Money Laundering & Know-Your-Customer policies
- Arrange for requisite surety bond
- Prepare and process application for registration under the Securities Industry Act
- Representation before licensing regulatory authority, banks and liquidity providers
Contact the BVI Investment Fund License Experts
Trust our over fifty year’s combined experience in creating innovative solutions for our clients. Contact the hedge fund
registration experts at FinLaw to begin the process of obtaining your British Virgin Islands hedge fund registration today.
Our knowledgeable and skilled professionals are pleased to answer any of your questions.
Call contact us here.for your free consultation or