Switzerland Portfolio Management License
Switzerland is the preeminent international financial center offering many of the traditional “offshore” benefits while not being offshore at all. The only existing direct democracy in the world, Switzerland is fiercely protective of its financial services industry. Switzerland offers varying tax structures that the shrewd operators can leverage to reduce their tax burden. As a result, thousands of asset managers have sought to obtain the coveted Switzerland Portfolio Management License.
Switzerland is well-regarded as a monetary “safe haven” due to its ironclad banking secretary provisions and the stability of the Swiss Franc. The country has continually rebuffed pressure to join the European Union, which has only reinforced this “safe haven” status and as a result investment funds have flocked to Switzerland. Nevertheless, the banking and remittances in and out of Switzerland can be accomplished with ease from any notable money center, including the United States.
Switzerland’s Financial Market Authority (“FINMA”) has established a cost-effective, streamlined procedure for obtaining a Switzerland Portfolio Management License. The not-for-profit Association Remande des Intermediaires Financiers, or ARIF, is a self-regulatory organization that governs its own membership and the registration of asset management. Once a member of ARIF, the licensed Swiss investment manager may conduct portfolio management activities both within and outside Switzerland.
Advantages of a Switzerland Portfolio
Since the advent of hedge funds in the 1970’s, asset managers have flocked to tax-advantaged jurisdictions to shelter their above-market gains from punitive tax rates in traditional jurisdictions such as the United States and United Kingdom. That trend has continued through today as sophisticated investors have come to expect often complex, private tax-neutral structures for their investments. As such, Switzerland is a preferred jurisdiction for a registered investment fund.
Cayman Islands Fund Registration
|Time to License||3 to 4 Months|
|Paid-In Capital Requirement||CHF 20,000|
|Tax Structure||No income or capital gains tax|
The Switzerland Portfolio Manager License
- Incorporation of Switzerland offshore corporation
- Arrange for local registered officer and local directors, if required
- Investor offering prospectus and subscription agreements
- Draft corporate bylaws, minutes and owner share issuances
- Establishment of corporate bank account suitable for forex operations
- Establishment of merchant service account for accepting credit and debit cards
- Draft requisite business plan, financial statements and financial projections
- Draft requisite Anti-Money Laundering & Know-Your-Customer policies
- Arrange for requisite surety bond
- Prepare and process application for registration under Swiss ARIF
- Representation before licensing regulatory authority, banks and liquidity providers
Contact the Switzerland Portfolio Manager License Experts
Trust our over fifty year’s combined experience in creating innovative solutions for our clients. Contact the hedge fund
registration experts at FinLaw to begin the process of obtaining your Switzerland portfolio manager registration today.
Our knowledgeable and skilled professionals are pleased to answer any of your questions.
Call contact us here.for your free consultation or