Malta Cryptocurrency License
Malta is a highly regarded offshore financial center known for its compliance and transparency. A full member of the European Union, the country plays host to a significant number of international holding companies seeking to take advantage of the Malta’s favorable tax structure. While Malta’s effective tax rates approach the EU average, a series of credits reduce the effective rate to near zero.
Malta is a party to a series of significant international compacts, but has remained a premier offshore financial services jurisdiction. The Maltese government has fiercely defended this status by passing a series of legislation aimed at attracting significant international corporations and as well as sophisticated financial services professionals. This has included the blockchain sector, in which Malta currently licenses some of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges.
Malta is an ideal jurisdiction for obtaining a digital asset license. The Malta Digital Innovation Authority is charged with supervision and enforcement of the Malta Digital Innovation Authority Act and has been very successful in attracting both high-profile cryptocurrency exchanges and Initial Coin Offerings. As a result, the jurisdiction is held in high regard by distributed ledger technology professionals across the globe.
Advantages of a Malta Cryptocurrency License
Average daily trading in Bitcoin alone exceeds $20 billion. The streamlined and cost-effective process in obtaining a Malta cryptocurrency license can place you in this lucrative market in as little as three months. As worldwide adoption of cryptocurrency increases, cryptocurrency exchanges are estimated to have taken in over $1 billion in profits last year alone. With increasingly complex cryptocurrency regulation in leading economic nations such as the United States and European Union, Malta offers a cost-effective, risk free alternative for starting a licensed cryptocurrency exchange or broker-dealer.
Malta Cryptocurrency License at a Glance
|License||Virtual Financial Asset License|
|Time to License||3 to 4 Months|
|Capital Requirement||Not Applicable.|
|Tax Structure||Approximately Fifteen (15%) percent|
Malta Cryptocurrency License Package
- Incorporation of Malta offshore corporation
- Arrange for local registered officer and local directors, if required
- Draft corporate bylaws, minutes and owner share issuances
- Establishment of corporate bank account suitable for cryptocurrency exchange operations
- Establishment of merchant service account for accepting credit and debit cards
- Draft requisite business plan, financial statements and financial projections
- Draft requisite Anti-Money Laundering & Know-Your-Customer policies
- Arrange for requisite surety bond
- Prepare and process application for Malta Virtual Financial Asset License
- Representation before licensing regulatory authority, banks and liquidity providers
Contact the Malta Cryptocurrency License Experts
Trust our over fifty year’s combined experience in creating innovative solutions for our clients. Contact the cryptocurrency licensing experts at FinLaw to begin the process of obtaining your Malta Cryptocurrency License today. Our knowledgeable and skilled professionals are pleased to answer any of your questions.