Switzerland Cryptocurrency License
Switzerland is the preeminent international financial center offering many of the traditional “offshore” benefits while not being offshore at all. The only existing direct democracy in the world, Switzerland is fiercely protective of its financial services industry. Switzerland offers varying tax structures that the shrewd operators can leverage to reduce their tax burden.
While Switzerland has not enacted direct legislation aimed at cryptocurrency-related activities, it has incorporated cryptocurrency into its existing financial services regulations. The Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority has taken the lead on the oversight of cryptocurrency exchanges, initial coin offerings and hosted wallets – among other activities. As a result, many significant industry players have flocked to Switzerland to leverage its structure regulatory regime.
Switzerland is one of the preeminent jurisdictions for obtaining a cryptocurrency license. A license obtained in Switzerland provides the holder with the ability to operate a cryptocurrency exchange, manage hosted cryptocurrency wallets, conduct an initial coin offering or conduct a security token offering. The ease of obtaining a license and flexibility the license affords within the European Union and elsewhere makes Switzerland a perfect jurisdiction for blockchain-related operations.
Advantages of a Switzerland Financial Intermediary License
Average daily trading in Bitcoin alone exceeds $20 billion. The streamlined and cost-effective process in obtaining a Swiss cryptocurrency license can place you in this lucrative market in as little as three months. As worldwide adoption of cryptocurrency increases, cryptocurrency exchanges are estimated to have taken in over $1 billion in profits last year alone. With increasingly complex cryptocurrency regulation in leading economic nations such as the United States and European Union, Switzerland offers a cost-effective, risk free alternative for starting a licensed cryptocurrency exchange or broker-dealer.
Switzerland Cryptocurrency License at a Glance
|License||Financial Intermediary License|
|Time to License||3 to 4 Months|
|Capital Requirement||Approx. $100,000|
|Tax Structure||Zero (0%) Percent Tax on Offshore Profits|
Switzerland Cryptocurrency License Package
- Form Swiss AG company
- Preparation and drafting of shareholder and officer agreements.
- Preparation and drafting of narrative business plan.
- Preparation and drafting of current financial statements.
- Preparation and drafting of 3 years financial projections.
- Preparation and drafting of personal financial statements for owners.
- Preparation and submission of application with SRO/FINMA.
- Preparation and drafting of responses to SRO/FINMA inquiries
- Identification and engagement of auditor and local director
- Facilitate opening of bank accounts and payment processor
- Preparation and drafting of required employee compliance manual and related documentation.
- Preparation and drafting of AML/KYC policies and related policies/procedures.
- Preparation and drafting of client agreements and disclosures.
Contact the Switzerland Cryptocurrency License Experts
Trust our over fifty year’s combined experience in creating innovative solutions for our clients. Contact the cryptocurrency licensing experts at FinLaw to begin the process of obtaining your Switzerland Cryptocurrency License today. Our knowledgeable and skilled professionals are pleased to answer any of your questions.