Switzerland Portfolio Management License
Switzerland is the preeminent international financial center offering many of the traditional “offshore” benefits while not being offshore at all. The only existing direct democracy in the world, Switzerland is fiercely protective of its financial services industry. Switzerland offers varying tax structures that the shrewd operators can leverage to reduce their tax burden.
Switzerland is well-regarded as a monetary “safe haven” due to its ironclad banking secretary provisions and the stability of the Swiss Franc. The country has continually rebuffed pressure to join the European Union, which has only reinforced this “safe haven” status and as a result investment funds have flocked to Switzerland. Nevertheless, the banking and remittances in and out of Switzerland can be accomplished with ease from any notable money center, including the United States.
Switzerland’s Financial Market Authority (“FINMA”) has established a cost-effective, streamlined procedure for licensing asset managers. The not-for-profit Association Remande des Intermediaires Financiers, or ARIF, is a self-regulatory organization that governs its own membership and the registration of asset management. Once a member of ARIF, the licensed Swiss investment manager may conduct portfolio management activities both within and outside Switzerland.
Advantages of a Switzerland Portfolio Manager License
Since the advent of hedge funds in the 1970’s, asset managers have flocked to tax-advantaged jurisdictions to shelter their above-market gains from punitive tax rates in traditional jurisdictions such as the United States and United Kingdom. That trend has continued through today as sophisticated investors have come to expect often complex, private tax-neutral structures for their investments. As such, the Cayman Islands is a preferred jurisdiction for a registered investment fund.
Swiss Asset Management License at a Glance
|Time to License||3 to 4 Months|
|Capital Requirement||CHF 20,000|
|Tax Structure||No income or capital gains tax|
The Switzerland Portfolio Manager Registration Package
- Preparation and drafting of narrative business plan.
- Preparation and drafting of current financial statements.
- Preparation and drafting of financial projections.
- Preparation and drafting of personal financial statements for owners.
- Preparation and submission of application with Swiss ARIF/SRO.
- Preparation and drafting of responses to ARIF/SRO application inquiries.
- Identification and engagement of auditor and local director
- Facilitate opening of bank accounts and prime broker trading accounts.
- Preparation and drafting of AML/KYC and related policies and procedures.
- Preparation and drafting of client agreements and mandatory disclosures.
Contact the Switzerland Investment Manager License
Trust our over fifty year’s combined experience in creating innovative solutions for our clients. Contact the hedge fund registration experts at FinLaw to begin the process of obtaining your Switzerland portfolio manager registration today. Our knowledgeable and skilled professionals are pleased to answer any of your questions.